Priority outcome 1 — Greater investment attraction and more innovative businesses starting, growing and staying in Queensland
Our priority is capital attraction. This is important for early startups to get off the ground and for more mature companies with good products and services to scale up. Access to a pipeline of investment support is essential for innovative high growth potential businesses to grow and stay in Queensland, reach global markets and create new jobs.
Our objectives are to:
- Attract and retain more innovative businesses in Queensland.
- Increase startup and business survival rates.
- Strengthen Queensland’s venture capital market.
- Increase the value of capital invested in Queensland startups and businesses.
- Increase high-value knowledge economy jobs.
|Key initiatives||Lead agency|
|Deliver the Ignite Ideas Fund with enhanced wrap around support services and options to pilot new co-investment models.||DTIS|
|Explore gaps and options for new capital programs to ensure a sustainable pipeline of innovative business growth for early stage businesses from idea to venture capital.||Treasury|
|Deliver the Backing Queensland Business Investment Fund (Qld Jobs Fund).||Treasury|
|Deliver the Invested in Queensland Program (Qld Jobs Fund).||Treasury|
|Deliver small business support programs (Business Growth Fund, Mentoring for Growth, Business Basic Grants, Business Boost Grants, Business Launchpad).||DESBT|
|Support innovative firms to scale globally.||DTIS and TIQ|
|Active participation in the Tropical Innovation Festival.||QCE|
|Deliver Queensland’s Innovation Festival.||QCE|
|Deliver the Women’s Investment Summit.||QCE|
|Facilitate smart capital pathways relevant to different parts of the ecosystem.||IAC|
- DTIS — Department of Tourism, Innovation and Sport
- DESBT — Department of Employment, Small Business and Training
- IAC — Innovation Advisory Council
- QCE — Queensland Chief Entrepreneur
- TIQ — Trade and Investment Queensland