About the program
The Collaborative Projects program supports regional innovation leaders to collaborate with partners to unlock Queensland’s economic potential, whether by solving a significant problem or creating an opportunity for the regions.
A collaborative project should aim to:
- provide tangible benefits to regional communities
- support regional strengths and/or emerging industries
- realise potential and remove barriers targeting issues of regional significance
- increase the regional ecosystem’s capability and contribute to its future prosperity and resilience.
The program is part of the Queensland Government’s new Advance Queensland Regional Futures initiative, and has been developed with learnings from Advancing Regional Innovation Program (ARIP).
Up to $200,000 (excluding GST) for projects of up to 18 months.
To be eligible for funding, the applicant organisation must at the time of application:
- be based in a Queensland region*
- have an ABN and be registered for GST
- be collaborating with one or more organisation(s) based in a Queensland region*
- provide a signed Regional Futures - Collaborative Projects - Regional Engagement Officer Certificate.
- be able to match the requested funding 1:1 in cash
- be ready to commence the project within 60 business days of the grant approval
- be able to complete the project within 18 months of the commencement date.
* For the purpose of the Regional Futures – Collaborative Projects program, a Queensland region is any local government area except for Brisbane City Council. Applicant organisations can check which local government they are located within on the Electoral Commission Queensland Interactive Map.
The proposed collaborative project must be able to demonstrate:
- significance of the opportunity and innovation activity
- strength of collaboration and viability of the project
- benefit to the region/s and Queensland.
Applications have been placed on hold temporarily while we review the program guidelines and application form.
Future assessment dates for 2023 will be provided once the review of the program has been completed.
- Regional Futures – Collaborative Projects Guidelines (currently under review)
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Grant Agreement
- Tips and Tricks
- Application Form (Sample Only)
View the latest Regional Futures – Collaborative Projects funding recipients and how they are using innovation to solve challenges in their region.