About the program
The Queensland Innovation Precincts and Places (QIPP) - Regional Precincts and Places Infrastructure and Technology Program provides a fund of $10 million for grants for establishment of infrastructure, the acquisition of plant and equipment including digital infrastructure and upgrades that support future industry focussed collaborative projects.
Funding and support
Grants of up to $1 million will be available.
Applications that include a matched funding contribution from the applicant and precinct partners will be highly regarded.
Funding will be targeted at capital works and/or physical infrastructure costs including:
digital infrastructure - internal to the precinct/place, and
cost of plant and equipment required specifically for a project.
The applicant organisation must be a partner in an existing Queensland innovation precinct or place based in a Queensland region.
A Queensland region is any location in Queensland excluding a location in one of the following South East Queensland council areas:
- Brisbane City Council
- Gold Coast City Council
- Ipswich City Council
- Lockyer Valley Regional Council
- Logan City Council
- Moreton Bay Regional Council
- Noosa Council
- Redland City Council
- Scenic Rim Regional Council
- Somerset Regional Council
- Sunshine Coast Council
- Toowoomba Regional Council.
An innovation precinct or place is an innovation precinct or place which has the following elements:
- a brand/identity as an innovation place
- an existing, clearly defined, established physical site
- the site co-locates two or more entities who have a shared vision/agreement and/or common interest, at least one of which is a commercial and/or research entity
- an objective to foster innovation and collaboration across the precinct partners.
The applicant must be:
- a corporate entity, not an individual
- GST registered, with an ABN
- a precinct partner in an innovation place
- based in a Queensland region
- collaborating with one or more organisations based in a Queensland region.
Watch the Regional Precincts and Places Infrastructure and Technology Program webinar here for an in-depth overview of the Program including its objectives, eligibility criteria, application process, and the specific areas of focus, and a Question and Answer session.
For all enquiries, please email email@example.com