About the program
The objectives of the $4 million Strategic Initiatives Program are to:
- position Queensland innovation precincts and places to reach their full potential for attracting investment and creating high value jobs
- position Queensland innovation precincts and places and partner organisations to collaborate in the development and growth of innovation precincts and places
- strengthen the development, effectiveness, and sustainability of Queensland’s innovation precincts and places.
Funding and support
Grants of up to $300,000 (excluding GST) are available through the $4 million program to support proposals to obtain strategic advice including an action plan for an existing innovation precinct or place from third-party experts.
The third-party experts must be independent of the applicant and the innovation precinct or place partners.
Third-party experts are experienced individuals or firms who have experience in providing practical advice which has resulted in successful and sustainable innovation precincts and places.
To be eligible for this program the applicant must be:
- a corporate entity, not an individual
- GST registered, with an ABN
- A precinct partner of an existing Queensland-based innovation precinct or place.
Applications that propose engaging a Queensland-based third-party expert to provide strategic advice, including an action plan will be highly regarded.
Note, if your application is successful, the strategic advice including an action plan must be obtained within six months of being advised of grant funding approval. In addition, the implementation of the actions must be commenced within 12 months of being advised of grant funding approval.
Applications are now closed. All applications will be assessed against the eligibility requirements.
Only eligible submissions will be considered for funding support.
Eligible applications will be assessed in a merit-based approach by a panel of assessors against the assessment criteria.
Applicant organisations may be contacted at any stage of the assessment process to provide further information to enable a due diligence and probity assessment.
10 August 2023
Watch the Strategic Initiatives Program webinar here for an in-depth overview of the Program including its objectives, eligibility criteria, application process, and the specific areas of focus, including a Question and Answer session.
7 September 2023
Watch the latest Strategic Initiatives Program webinar - This session is intended to complement the Strategic Initiatives Program webinar 10 August 2023 and provides a further opportunity to raise any remaining questions regarding program objectives, eligibility criteria, application process, and specific areas of focus.
Read the video transcript (Word, 41KB).
- Strategic Initiatives Program guidelines
- Frequently asked questions
- Queensland Innovation Precinct and Places Stream 1 Funding Agreement