About the program
Industry Research Projects is a new Advance Queensland program supporting researchers and industry to collaborate and translate research outcomes into commercialisation opportunities.
We’re looking for high-quality research projects which will lead to innovative new products, processes or services.
The program aims to increase partnerships between research and industry partners, improving research and business collaboration.
This program may seem similar to our Industry Research Fellowships, but they are different – we’re awarding much larger grants to a whole project team rather than smaller grants to a single researcher.
Industry Research Projects aligns to priority two of the Advance Queensland Innovation for a Future Economy Roadmap: research collaboration and commercialisation.
Funding and support
There are 2 tiers of funding available:
- Tier 1 – f or applicants located in South East Queensland, grants of $500,000 – $1.5 million (excluding GST) are available, where projects have a matched funding (1:1) ratio from the applicant/partners.
- Tier 2 – for applicants located in regional Queensland, grants of $250,000 – $1.5 million (excluding GST) are available, where projects have 25% matched funding from the applicant/partners.
Read the program guidelines to find out more about South East Queensland and regional Queensland locations.
To be eligible for funding, applicant organisations must, at the time of application:
- be a Queensland-based organisation. This means the organisation must be operating in a physical location in Queensland, which must be maintained for the duration of the project.
- be GST registered, with an ABN.
To be eligible for funding, projects must:
- include collaboration between:
- at least one Queensland-based research organisation; and
- at least one Queensland-based company
- partnering organisations must be separate entities
- include a cash contribution from the applicant and/or partner organisation(s)
- address at least one of the identified priority investment areas
- not currently be receiving funding from another Queensland Government department for the proposed project activities at the time of application and not be fully funded from other funding sources.
How to apply
Each application for an Industry Research Project must include:
- A completed online Advance Queensland Industry Research Projects application form
- A completed online Advance Queensland Industry Research Projects Budget
- PDF scanned signed letters of support for the proposed project from partner organisations.
These documents will be available when you apply.
- Advance Queensland Industry Research Projects Guidelines (updated 19 September 2023)
- SmartyGrants Help Guide
- Grant writing information
- Tourism and Events Queensland grant writing guide
- Queensland Government Grants Finder
Subscribe to Advance Queensland News and stay up to date with our latest funding programs.