About the program
The Backing Female Founders Program builds on the first phase of the Female Founders Program launched in May 2019, providing a suite of initiatives to grow and scale Queensland innovation businesses founded by women. To date more than 1,550 female founders have benefited from the program.
The program assists female founders at different stages of the entrepreneurial lifecycle and will incorporate several initiatives to address barriers in the youth, startup, scaleup and global stages of the innovation pipeline.
The program is targeted at female founders in innovation who are:
- female entrepreneurs and innovators
- established female-founded businesses and companies
- academic and research individuals/institutions
- industry business associations
- part of the Queensland innovation ecosystem.
How can the Backing Female Founders Program support you?
Three key initiatives are now open for applications:
- Female Founders Co-investment Fund available to innovative female founded businesses undertaking a new pre-seed or seed capital raise.
- Accelerating Female Founders Program available to eligible organisations to develop and deliver new or existing business support programs for Queensland Female Founders with innovative businesses.
- The Female Founders Advisory Board Program delivers skills and exposure to effectively engage with advisors and establish best practice governance and advisory foundations to support business growth.
Connect with Advance Queensland through our social media channels and stay up-to-date with the latest activities as initiatives are rolled out throughout the three year program.
- Truii gives the environment a voice through data driven web applications
- Recycle coffee pods in your kerbside bin with rePodder
- ATech ensures mission critical websites thrive
- Freckle Digital brings business’ online presence to life
- EnviroChill improves food safety and prevents food waste
- Female founder helping put a new spin on an historic sport
- Meet the Queensland mum turned entrepreneur topping the charts with award-winning app
- Tech bringing Australian critters to life
- Healthy pet treats providing the ‘Golden Bone’ for one female founder
- She Maps
- Beary innovative idea becomes an icon of Outback Queensland
- Indigo Gold helps secure grants for overwhelmed businesses
Advance Queensland Female Founders LinkedIn group has been established to connect Queensland Female Founders to opportunities, networks, events and other supports to take their business to the next level.