About the program
The Ignite Ideas Fund provides grants to support startups and small to medium Queensland businesses to commercialise innovative products, processes or services that have reached minimum viable product stage and have market potential.
The Ignite Ideas Fund aims to:
- strengthen key industries in Queensland
- diversify the Queensland economy
- engage and/or benefit regional Queensland
- create new jobs today and in the future
- help Queensland businesses compete in global markets.
To be eligible for funding, applicant organisations must:
- be a business or startup organisation and be registered for GST
- beheadquartered in Queensland
- have no more than than 50 full time equivalent employees
Applicants to Tier 1 must:
- not have received an Ignite Ideas Fund grant previously
- make a cash contribution to the project that is at least equal to 20% of the value of the grant funding sought.
Applicants to Tier 2 must:
- have been trading for a minimum of two years
- not have received an Ignite Ideas Fund Tier 2 grant previously
- have successfully completed any project funded under Tier 1 of the Ignite Ideas Fund (if relevant)
- make a cash contribution to the project that is at least equal to the value of the grant funding sought.
How to apply
The Ignite Ideas Fund has a two-stage application process:
Expressions of Interest for Round 5 have now closed.
Stage 2 – Full Application invitation round
Following independent assessment of the eligible Expressions of Interest received, a number of applicants will be invited to submit a Full Application.