The Advance Queensland Regional Futures initiative is a $5 million investment to accelerate regional economic growth through innovation.
Building on Advance Queensland’s past success and learnings, the program acknowledges the maturity and diversity of local innovation ecosystems and economies throughout the state.
It will support innovators and strengthen innovation networks across regional Queensland through a combination of competitive funding, targeted investment and support provided in collaboration with key partners.
The initiative will focus on three key areas:
- Collaborative Projects: Provides grants of up to $200,000 to collaborative projects that look to develop tangible solutions to address a pressing regional innovation challenge.
- Ecosystem Development: direct support for local innovation leaders to strengthen local networks and connections, grow investment, and help build new jobs in current and emerging industries. This includes:
- Partner Up Regional Science and Innovation Network
- industries (including Queensland Connects: Cohort 3).
- Events and Activations: brings regions together and promotes Queensland’s innovation community, their achievements and competitive strengths.