The Accelerating Female Founders (AFF) program is focussed on funding business support initiatives that foster a pipeline of innovative Queensland female founders, supporting them at every stage of their business and innovation journey, as well as encouraging participation in key industries and technologies.
We are looking for programs that will grow, upskill and connect Queensland female founders and their businesses so they can develop product fit, increase their customers, enter new markets and secure investment to support the state’s economy and grow employment. All proposals must target innovative, high growth potential startups and scaleups.
About the program
The Accelerating Female Founders program funds applicant organisations to provide business support initiatives that may include, but are not limited to: accelerators; pre-accelerators; mentoring and business acumen activities, as well as other tailored initiatives that meet the program’s intent. These initiatives should provide opportunities for Queensland female founders to take their innovative businesses to the next level, create connections and networks that open doors and support business growth beyond the life of the initiative.
Successful recipients of the program will have their initiatives announced and promoted through Advance Queensland channels. If you are a female founder looking for business support, please subscribe to the Advance Queensland newsletter to be notified when programs become available.
Funding and support
Grants from $10,000 to $100,000 will be available for activities to be delivered within a maximum period of 12 months. The program will remain open until all funds have been committed.
Applications are sought from organisations aiming to deliver one or more of the following categories of business support to a cohort of innovative female founders:
- Category 1: Pre-accelerator and accelerator initiatives – short term growth programs providing product development, customer and sales support, networking and connections, pitch/demo days, mentors/expert advisors, business support development and investment opportunities.
- Category 2: Startup/Scaleup business development acumen initiatives – covering topics such as customer identification, acquisition and retention, investment readiness, marketing and sales, scalability, competitor analysis, governance, forming and managing boards, connections and networking.
- Category 3: Mentoring and advocacy initiatives matching Queensland female founders with expert mentors for one-on-one or group sessions to grow and scale businesses and open doors to business and investment networks and opportunities.
- Category 4: Other – applicants may propose a tailored initiative that meets the program intent.
Please note - the program aims to fund a diverse suite of business support initiatives. All funding commitments will be made in accordance with the assessment process set out in these guidelines and then reviewed to ensure a sufficiently diverse mix of initiatives will be available for Queensland female founders at any given time.
Individual female founders seeking support are not eligible. This fund is exclusively for organisations that deliver programs that support female founded businesses to grow.
To be eligible for funding, applicant organisations must at the time of application:
- have an ABN and be registered for GST
- be Queensland-based (being based in, or having an office located in, Queensland)
OR provide the details of Queensland-based subcontractor(s)/key personnel who will be utilised to develop/deliver the business support initiative
- Accelerating Female Founders Program Guidelines
- Application Help Guide – Frequently Asked Questions
- Financial Incentive Agreement
Watch the information session to find out if you are eligible, to learn about the application process and more.
- Backing Female Founders Website
- Business support and grant writing information
- Queensland Government Grants Finder
- Advance Queensland Female Founders LinkedIn group
Subscribe to Advance Queensland News and stay up to date with our latest funding programs.