About the program
The Accelerating Female Founders Program supports female founders by funding applicant organisations to provide business support initiatives that may include, but are not limited to: accelerators; pre-accelerators; mentoring and business acumen activities. These initiatives should provide opportunities for Queensland female founders to take their innovative businesses to the next level, create connections and networks that open doors and support business growth beyond the life of the initiative.
Funding and support
Grants from $10,000 to $100,000 will be available for activities to be delivered within a maximum period of 12 months. The program will remain open until all funds have been committed.
Applications are sought from organisations targeting one or more of the following categories:
- Category 1: Pre-accelerator and accelerator initiatives – short term growth programs providing product development, customer and sales support, networking and connections, pitch/demo days, mentors/expert advisors, business support development and investment opportunities.
- Category 2: Startup/Scaleup business development acumen initiatives – covering topics such as customer identification, acquisition and retention, investment readiness, marketing and sales, scalability, competitor analysis, forming and managing boards, connections and networking.
- Category 3: Mentoring and advocacy initiatives matching Queensland female founders with expert mentors for one-on-one or group sessions to grow and scale businesses and open doors to business and investment networks and opportunities.
Please note - the program aims to fund a diverse suite of business support initiatives. All funding commitments will be made in accordance with the assessment process set out in these guidelines and then reviewed to ensure a sufficiently diverse mix of initiatives will be available for Queensland female founders at any given time.
To be eligible for funding, applicant organisations must at the time of application:
- have an ABN and be registered for GST
- be Queensland-based (being based in, or having an office located in, Queensland)
OR provide the details of Queensland-based subcontractor(s)/key personnel who will be utilised to develop/deliver the business support initiative(s)
- have a track record in developing/delivering business support initiatives with an innovation focus.
- Accelerating Female Founders Program Guidelines
- Further program documentation will be available early 2023.
Subscribe to Advance Queensland News and stay up to date with our latest funding programs.