Immersive technology refers to technology, including Augmented Reality (AR), Virtual Reality (VR), and Mixed Reality (XR), that attempts to emulate a physical world through a digital or simulated world, thereby creating a sense of immersion.
The Immersive Technologies (XR) Hub is managed by Real Serious Games and located at The Precinct. The hub is co-funded by Advance Queensland and Screen Queensland.
While the online entertainment and games sectors have been the largest market adopters of immersive technologies to date, use of these technologies in sectors such as defence, construction, real estate, healthcare, education and retail is expected to grow significantly in coming years.
The XR Hub will focus on the following five key initiatives:
- build on Queensland’s emerging Immersive Technologies capability and community
- develop local talent and support local Immersive Technology startups
- assist local industry, corporate and government organisations to better understand and engage with Immersive Technologies through education and events
- promote Queensland’s capabilities nationally and internationally
- support initiatives to increase investment in emerging Immersive Technology businesses.
If you would like to know more about the XR Hub visit www.qldxrhub.com.