Immersive technology refers to technology, including Augmented Reality (AR), Virtual Reality (VR), and Mixed Reality (XR), that attempts to emulate a physical world through a digital or simulated world, thereby creating a sense of immersion.
While the online entertainment and games sectors have been the largest market adopters of immersive technologies to date, use of these technologies in sectors such as defence, construction, real estate, healthcare, education and retail is expected to grow significantly in coming years.
The XR Hub focuses on the following five key initiatives:
- building on Queensland’s emerging Immersive Technologies capability and community
- developing local talent and supporting local Immersive Technology startups
- assisting local industry, corporate and government organisations to better understand and engage with Immersive Technologies through education and events
- promoting Queensland’s XR capabilities nationally and internationally
- supporting initiatives to increase investment in emerging Immersive Technology businesses.
If you would like to know more about the XR Hub visit www.qldxrhub.com.