As a part of Advance Queensland’s partnership with various upcoming Innovation ecosystem events, we often have access to a limited number of delegate and / or exhibitor tickets that we can make available to people in our network who will benefit from and add value to the event.
Attendees who we support must provide compelling innovation business cases and demonstrate that attendance at the event will facilitate the next stage of their enterprise or commercialisation journey, and/or attendance will result in capability building for regions, communities, high potential industry sectors and Queensland overall.
We invite applications from Startup Founders, Innovation Ecosystem Enablers and Regional Innovation Co-ordinators.
Keep an eye on this web page for current and future opportunities to join an Advance Queensland delegation at an opportunity focused innovation event.
Upcoming Innovation Ecosystem Events where allocation of tickets is available include:
2023 INDIGENOUS AUSTRALIAN DATATHON, CAIRNS
The Indigenous Datathon for Northern Australia has been expanded to include Indigenous Communities outside Queensland. The Indigenous Australian Datathon is a 2-day event that brings together a diverse group of data professionals, Traditional Owners, and students to explore digital and data-driven solutions to solve real-world Indigenous community challenges in Australia.
From 3 to 5 November, the JCU Ideas Lab Cairns will host over 50 Traditional Owners, Rangers, Indigenous Community Leaders, tech professionals and students coming together to find solutions using data sets and technology tools.
In the lead up to the Datathon, there will be workshops and Design Sprints for students and SMEs to attend and learn how a Datathon works, how to handle data and manage tools that help solve real world problems.
Advance Queensland is supporting Regional Queensland Indigenous Community Leaders, Traditional Owners and tech innovators to attend the 2023 Indigenous Australian Datathon in Cairns from 3 – 5 November.
AQ are partnering with the Indigenous Australian Datathon to solve community issues with groundbreaking AI and big data solutions.
If you've got an interest - come and join us! This event is open to all people with various backgrounds and expertise. All you need to do is bring your passion & openness to learn.
To express your interest
Complete the Expression of Interest form to be considered for this opportunity.
Applications close at 5pm Thursday 12 October. To apply RSVP — Indigenous Australian Datathon
Successful applicants will be notified by Monday 16 October 2023.
To be eligible for this opportunity, you must:
- be a business, social enterprise, or start-up organisation and/or ecosystem enabler headquartered in Queensland as of June 2023
- have an Australian Business Number (ABN)
- have no more than 50 full-time-equivalent employees
- not be a subsidiary of a group of companies that has more than 50 FTEs in total
- submit only one application per ABN or a financial beneficiary of a business for each event
- be an enterprise with a focus on embedding innovation and entrepreneurial business models and products/services, and/or building the regional innovation ecosystem.
- tell us how attendance and collaboration opportunities at the event matches the stage you are at in progressing your innovative solution; or will build capability or enable innovation participation in your region, community or industry sector
- tell us how your attendance and collaboration opportunities at the event will support your contribution to building Queensland’s innovation community.
Click on the link associated with the event you are interested in attending and complete the application form.
Applicants will usually be notified of the outcome of their application within approximately two weeks of their application.