Objectives of the Indigenous Native Food Program
Native foods, the staple of Indigenous people’s diets for more than 80,000 years, are gaining popularity in the commercial food sector, nationally and globally.
The Indigenous Native Food Program (INFP) is a partnership with the Department of Agriculture and Fisheries (DAF) to explore commercial opportunities for scalable Indigenous native food businesses.
New opportunities will be created, allowing innovative businesses to be led and managed by Indigenous people.
The program is a pilot project that aims to:
- support growth in the native food industry in Queensland
- help diversify the Queensland economy
- engage and benefit regional Queensland
- create new jobs or career pathways for Indigenous people and communities
- create marketable outcomes for Queensland Indigenous businesses.
It’s designed to help successful applicants:
- progress the development of their innovative products
- achieve a milestone that represents a significant progression in the development of the product
- increase their capability to develop successful products and to either take the product to market, and/or work with partners to secure follow-on funding from other sources.
Applications for the pilot program are now open.
To find out more, contact the DAF Customer Service Centre on 13 25 23 or email email@example.com.