Ignite Ideas Fund
Supports the development of new or improved products, processes or services to secure investment, launch into global markets and grow business.
- Tier One—up to $100,000 (excluding GST) per project.
- Tier Two—up to $250,000 (excluding GST) per project.
- Additional application requirements apply.
- Applications now closed.
- Round 2 funding recipients have been announced
Funding of up to $250,000 per project to help businesses by supporting activities that prove an idea will work, or to assist with identifying a market or investor for a product, process or service.
About the program
The Ignite Ideas Program is designed to help early-stage, high growth potential businesses achieve scale, growth and profitability.
Ignite Ideas was created to help businesses which are ready to take their innovative ideas to the next level, and potentially create products and services with huge global market potential.
The program targets businesses with fewer than 200 staff with a working prototype ready to be tested in the market place.
The Ignite Ideas fund aims to:
- increase commercialisation rates of Queensland ideas
- create high-value knowledge intensive jobs
- secure new investment
- form new collaborative partnerships
- increase exports
- increase business investment in R&D
- increase levels of business innovation.
To be eligible for funding, organisations must be a Queensland based organisation and meet the following requirements:
- have less than 200 full time equivalent staff
- be registered for GST before the project commences
- have a product, process or service which is at, or beyond, minimum viable product/working prototype stage
- have an innovative, unique or new product, process or service with the potential to achieve high growth
- have identified customer(s), industry partner(s) or investor(s).
How the program is assessed
Applicants are assessed on the:
- innovation and market potential of your project
- project feasibility, budget and timeframes
- technical and management feasibility
- anticipated outcomes for Queensland.
How to apply
Online applications are now closed.
For more information on the Ignite Ideas program, refer to the: