Advance Queensland proudly supports the Bionics Queensland Challenge to help Queensland’s best and brightest researchers and innovators fast track their idea or project. Backing these life-changing projects supports industry, helps our research capabilities to grow and provides invaluable solutions to those who need it the most.
The 2020 Bionics Queensland Challenge includes three $50,000 Major Prize awards, and three $5,000 Early Stage Bionic Innovations awards.
The challenge aims to:
- Identify and support Queensland innovations and research aligned to new or improved bionic devices, limbs/prosthetics, organs, treatments and enabling technologies (in the proposal or early development phase).
- Upskill and reward individuals and teams researching, inventing and developing bionics solutions and treatments (in Queensland’s metro and regional universities, hospitals, clinics, research institutes, SMEs, startups and in the general community).
- Mentor and connect ‘stand-out’ innovators, research projects, businesses and technologies contributing to a world-class bionics innovation and research culture and the growth of a vibrant bionics business cluster.
- Tell the stories of real people from all walks of life who are making a difference.
Visit the Bionics Queensland website to learn more or check out finalist video gallery.
Meet the finalists
The 2020 Bionics Queensland Challenge was brimming with innovation. The finalists stretched across our regions from the Sunshine Coast to Brisbane and the Gold Coast.
In the lead-up to the Grand Challenge on 1 August 2020 and the announcement of this year’s winner, we caught up with the nine finalists to discuss their innovations.
- AI Cognitive Prosthetic
- Intuitive Grasp
- Training Bespoke Tissue
- Deep Connections
- Augmented Bionics
- Wearable Bionics
- Osseointegrated Bionics Limbs
- Sense of Touch