Around the world, the Impact Economy is gaining traction through the uptake of strategies such as impact investing, social procurement, purpose-led business, and model sophisticated models of measurement and reporting. It is also being driven through policy innovations, increasing demand for ethical goods and services and the growing influence of Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Ultimately, it is a values-based proposition that seeks to address the big challenges of our time, and realise a more inclusive and regenerative model of economic development.
Join us at this breakfast event to hear from Alex Hannant, Co-Director of the Yunus Centre, Griffith Business School as he explores some of the key concepts, drivers and developments of the Impact Economy and the emerging opportunities and implications for business strategy and governance. Following Alex’s presentation, a panel of social entrepreneurs with real-world experience in the Impact Economy will share their stories and perspectives.
- Belinda Drew, CEO, Community Services Industry Alliance
- Alex Hannant, Prof of Practice & Co-Director of The Yunus Centre, Griffith University
- Prof Ingrid Burkett, Co-Director of The Yunus Centre, Griffith University
- Andrew Davies, CEO, B Lab
- Anna Guenther, Co-founder, PledgeMe
Time: 7.15am - 9.00am
- AICD Members: A$50.00 per person
- Non-Members: A$75.00 per person
AICD Members who attend will accrue 5 DPD units