What does changing legislation mean for you?
The business world is constantly evolving and legislative reform is never far behind. It is vital that current and future leaders are aware of changes to their legal obligations and responsibilities.
Partners from leading Cairns law firm MacDonnells Law will lead an insightful discussion on legislative updates relevant to directors. Take this opportunity to update your knowledge on the following topics discussed:
- Latest views and practical steps Boards can take to deal with culture, trust and risk issues
- The new Whistleblowing regime - obligations of confidentiality and prevention of reprisal action and procedures required to minimise risk.
- Employment – Regulation of after hours conduct – protecting yourself from reputational damage by your employees, the implications of the Falou case and the proposed Religious Freedom Bills.
- Modern Slavery – the new legislation and its scope
- Privacy on a shrinking planet - What directors need to know about privacy and the General Data Protection Regulation and 'cookie law'.
- NFP director update and the keeping of Board minutes
The event will be followed by networking time with canapes and drinks.
Time: 5.15pm - 8.00pm
- AICD Members: A$50.00 per person
- Non-Members: A$75.00 per person
Sponsored by: Macdonnells Law, Commonwealth Bank Australlia & Pacifica Chartered Accountants