Applicants need to be a Queensland-based agency, this includes universities, research agencies, government organisations, not-for-profit/charitable organisations and businesses. The applicant organisation nominates the proposed Fellow.
The proposed Fellow must:
- be an Australian citizen or have Australian residency for the duration of the fellowship
- be employed by the applicant organisation in a minimum 50% FTE capacity
- spend a minimum 50% FTE on the fellowship
- work and reside in Queensland for the duration of the fellowship
- have a PhD research qualification with:
- up to 5 years post-PhD research experience for early-career fellowships
- 5 to 10 years post-PhD research experience for mid-career fellowships. Allowances will be made for time taken away from research e.g. for parenting, caring, illness, or time in non-research roles.
- have a research proposal that:
- addresses a target investment area as outlined in the program guidelines
- has one or more partners, including at least one Queensland-based industry/end-user organisation
- includes some physically co-location with at least one Queensland-based industry/end-user partner organisation
- has matched cash funding from the applicant and/or partner organisations.
How to apply
The 2019 funding round has closed.
About the Industry Research Fellowships
The Industry Research Fellowships support original research that will have positive impacts for Queensland. The program assists in attracting and keeping the best and brightest research minds in Queensland, and builds Queensland's capacity to conduct innovative research and development in partnership with industry.