Applicants need to be a Queensland-based university, government agency or not-for-profit organisation that conducts research.
Companies and businesses are not eligible to apply for funding directly but are encouraged to partner with an eligible applicant organisation, as partnering of researchers with industry is an essential prerequisite of the program. The applicant organisation nominates the proposed Fellow.
The proposed Fellow must:
- be an Australian citizen or have Australian residency for the duration of the fellowship
- be employed by the applicant organisation in a minimum 50% FTE capacity
- spend a minimum 50% FTE on the fellowship
- work and reside in Queensland for the duration of the fellowship
- have a PhD research qualification with:
- up to 5 years post-PhD research experience for early-career fellowships
- 5 to 10 years post-PhD research experience for mid-career fellowships. Allowances will be made for time taken away from research e.g. for parenting, caring, illness, or time in non-research roles.
- have a research proposal that:
- addresses a target investment area as outlined in the program guidelines
- has one or more partners, including at least one Queensland-based industry/end-user organisation
- includes some physical co-location with at least one Queensland-based industry/end-user partner organisation
- has matched cash funding from the applicant and/or partner organisations.
How to apply
Details on how to apply for Industry Research Fellowships funding will be available when the round opens on 10 February 2020.
About the Industry Research Fellowships
The Industry Research Fellowships support original research that will have positive impacts for Queensland. The program assists in attracting and keeping the best and brightest research minds in Queensland, and builds Queensland's capacity to conduct innovative research and development in partnership with industry.