The Advance Queensland Industry Research Fellowships program supports researchers partnering with industry to complete original research that will have a positive impact on Queensland.
The program is focused on establishing and/or maintaining meaningful collaboration between researchers and industry.
The following fellowship grants are available:
- early-career fellowships – $160,000 over two years, or $240,000 over three years (excluding GST)
- mid-career fellowships – $240,000 over two years, or $360,000 over three years (excluding GST).
Applications closed at 1pm (AEST) Monday 19 July 2021. Successful fellowship projects must commence by 2 May 2022.
The applicant organisation must be a Queensland-based agency that conducts research as part of its core activities, including some universities, government agencies, not-for-profit organisations, and companies. The applicant organisation nominates the proposed Fellow.
The proposed Fellow must:
- be an Australian citizen or have Australian residency for the duration of the proposed fellowship when submitting the application
- be employed by the applicant organisation in a minimum 50% FTE capacity
- spend a minimum 50% FTE on the fellowship
- work and reside in Queensland for the duration of the fellowship
- have a PhD research qualification with:
- up to 5 years post-PhD research experience for early-career fellowships
- 5 to 10 years post-PhD research experience for mid-career fellowships.
Allowances will be made for time taken away from research e.g. for parenting, caring, illness, or time in non-research roles.
- have a research proposal that addresses one of the investment areas outlined in the program guidelines
- have one or more Queensland-based industry/end-user partners
- have cash co-funding from the applicant and/or partner organisations that equals or exceeds the funding sought from the Advance Queensland Industry Research Fellowships program.
- Industry Research Fellowships Guidelines 2021
- Industry Research Fellowships Terms and Conditions 2021
- Existing Queensland-based researchers should contact your agency’s Office of Research or Grants Management Team.
- All other enquiries email firstname.lastname@example.org.