The applicant must be a Queensland-based agency that conducts research, including universities, research agencies, government organisations, not-for-profit/charitable organisations and businesses. The applicant organisation nominates the proposed Fellow.
The proposed Fellow must:
- be an Australian citizen or have Australian residency for the duration of the fellowship
- be employed by the applicant organisation in a minimum 50% FTE capacity
- spend a minimum 50% FTE on the fellowship
- work and reside in Queensland for the duration of the fellowship
- have a PhD research qualification with:
- up to 5 years post-PhD research experience for early-career fellowships
- 5 to 10 years post-PhD research experience for mid-career fellowships. Allowances will be made for time taken away from research e.g. for parenting, caring, illness, or time in non-research roles.
- have a research proposal that:
- addresses a target investment area as outlined in the program guidelines
- has one or more partners, including at least one Queensland-based industry/end-user organisation
- includes some physically co-location with at least one Queensland-based industry/end-user partner organisation
- has matched cash funding from the applicant and/or partner organisations.
Guidelines and conditions
To assist in developing an application please read the:
- application guidelines
- financial incentive agreement terms and conditions
- financial incentive agreement declaration
- frequently asked questions
- online grant application instructions
How to apply
Applicants must apply online. Each application must contain:
- a completed SmartyGrants on-line application form
- a scanned (PDF) copy of the nominated Fellow’s PhD degree
- scanned (PDF) letters of support from the applicant organisation and partner organisation(s)
- a scanned (PDF) signed financial incentive agreement declaration.