About the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Research Fellowships
The Advance Queensland Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Research Fellowships program was established to:
- support early-career Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander researchers in gaining post-doctoral professional research experience
- assist in retaining the state's best and brightest Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander research minds in Queensland
- attract talented Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander researchers from interstate
- support increased linkage and closer collaboration with industry organisations to foster the translation of research into practice
- deliver tangible benefits and practical outcomes for Queensland by supporting applied research and development.
Funded fellowships involved projects which involved at least one Queensland-based industry/end-user organisation, that is, a private, public or not-for-profit organisation that will progress the translation and practical application of the research.
Funding of $240,000 (excluding GST) over 3 years was provided to successful applicants to complete a research fellowship. Project partners contributed a minimum of $120,000 (excluding GST) in cash over three years.