The applicant must be a Queensland-based agency, that conducts research including universities, research agencies, government organisations, not-for-profit/charitable organisations and businesses. The applicant organisation nominates the proposed Fellow.
The proposed Fellow must:
- identify as being of Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander descent
- reside in Queensland
- undertake the fellowship in Queensland
- have a PhD research qualification with up to 5 years post-PhD research experience. Allowances will be made for time taken away from research e.g. for parenting, caring, illness, or time in non-research roles.
- have a research proposal that has clear benefits and/or outcomes for Queensland
- have one or more partners, including at least 1 Queensland-based industry/end-user organisation
- spend some of the fellowship physically co-located with at least 1 Queensland-based industry/end-user partner organisation
- have at least $120,000 (excluding GST) in cash funding from the applicant and/or partner organisations.
Guidelines and conditions
More information about the Research Fellowships program can be found in the following documents:
- application guidelines
- financial incentive agreement terms and conditions
- frequently asked questions
- agreement declaration page
- online grant application instructions
How to apply
Applications are now open. Each application must contain: