About the program
SparkPlug provides opportunities for innovators to connect with the Queensland Government. It is about connecting the right startups and small to medium enterprises (SMEs) with the right government contacts, and breaking down the barriers innovators face when approaching government.
To be a lead customer of innovation, SparkPlug aims to:
- support the Queensland Government to adopt innovative solutions which deliver improved outcomes for Queenslanders
- provide opportunities for Queensland’s innovators to connect with government.
Each SparkPlug event calls for solutions to a government challenge in a specific priority technology or service area. Innovators are invited to apply, identifying the problem their application addresses and how their solution will deliver improved outcomes for Queenslanders.
Shortlisted applicants are invited to present their solutions to a target audience from participating Queensland Government agencies. At times, other stakeholders may also be invited to attend the event. These may include representatives from local councils, universities or industry.
Shortlisted applicants will receive pre-event information of key things to consider when presenting to government. SparkPlug is a valuable way to raise the profile of startups and SMEs with the Queensland Government in a forum specifically designed for engaging with innovators.
To be eligible, applicants must:
- employ less than 200 people, including contractors
- have an Australian Business Number (ABN) with a Main Business Location in Queensland.
Additionally, the product or service proposed for the event should:
- be a fully developed, validated solution with at least one customer
- have taken into consideration the regulatory requirements necessary to implement the product or service if applicable
- fall within the event scope (more information to follow).
Applications for products or services where technology is not yet developed will not be considered eligible for participation.