The Office of the Queensland Chief Entrepreneur (OQCE) is led by the Queensland Chief Entrepreneur and is an Australian first. It plays a vital role in building and promoting the importance and contribution of entrepreneurship and investment in Queensland.
- support the development of Queensland’s startup ecosystem by working with incubators, accelerators and coworking spaces
- connect with regional and remote Queensland to encourage and foster statewide entrepreneurship
- showcase Queensland startup and entrepreneurial talent to local, national and international audiences
- stimulate and attract local, national and international investment and venture capital to Queensland
- support local entrepreneurs, startups, and small businesses across the state by connecting them with the right opportunities, people, places, and spaces to help them grow, scale, and create jobs.
Leanne Kemp is Queensland's third Chief Entrepreneur, following on from Steve Baxter who held the position 2017-18 and Mark Sowerby who held the position 2016–17.
You can follow the Office of the Queensland Chief Entrepreneur on Twitter or for more information visit the Office of the Queensland Chief Entrepreneur website.
Leanne is the Founder & CEO of Everledger, a leading emerging technology enterprise that tracks the provenance of high-value assets on a global digital ledger in an authenticated immutable manner.
Using her extensive background in emerging technology, business, jewellery and insurance, Leanne is pushing boundaries with Everledger in building a global verification system that asserts transparency along the entire supply chain process. This enables the tracking and protection of high-value assets, mitigating risk and fraud in global marketplaces.
Her leadership role in technology has been recognised, winning awards including the 2018 Advance Australia Award, Innovator of the Year 2018 at the Women in IT Awards (London) as well as being named in UK Business Insider’s 26 Coolest Women in UK Tech 2016. Leanne was named Brummell Magazine’s Top 30 Female Innovators 2016 and is also an IBM Champion for 2018.
Leanne is an appointed member of the World Economic Forum’s Blockchain Council and a Co-Chair for the World Trade Board's Sustainable Trade Action Group and is on the IBM Blockchain Platform Board of Advisors.