The Office of the Queensland Chief Entrepreneur (OQCE) plays a vital role in building and promoting the importance and contribution of entrepreneurship and investment in Queensland.
- support the development of Queensland’s start-up ecosystem by working with incubators, accelerators and coworking spaces
- connect with regional and remote Queensland to encourage and foster state-wide entrepreneurship
- showcase Queensland startup and entrepreneurial talent to local, national and international audiences
- stimulate and attract local, national and international investment and venture capital to Queensland
- support local entrepreneurs, startups, and small businesses across the state by connecting them with the right opportunities, people, places, and spaces to help them grow, scale, and create jobs.
Leanne Kemp was Chief Entrepreneur from 2018–20, following on from Steve Baxter who held the position 2017-18 and Mark Sowerby who held the position 2016–17.
Recruitment for the next Queensland Chief Entrepreneur is currently underway. The next appointed Chief will work hand in hand with a newly established Advisory Council for innovation. Together they will focus on maximising the support available to help open doors to the expertise and networks our innovation community needs to succeed in the new economy.