About the Young Starters’ Competition
The Young Starters' Competition can help young people connect with leading innovators, develop business skills and get a startup idea ready for investors.
The competitive program gives you the chance to:
- learn how to be a successful entrepreneur or build on existing business knowledge and skills
- see entrepreneurship as a career pathway
- develop and pitch ideas to early investors
- win prizes geared towards helping turn ideas into a new business opportunity
- unleash the potential to make a lasting contribution to Queensland’s future.
The winners of the inaugural Young Starters’ Competition were:
Grant Sampson, 16, from the Gold Coast for his innovative BragTag digital fishing app.
Robert Joseph, 21, from the Gold Coast for his skiing helmet-beanie solution dubbed Anti.
Startup Catalyst Youth Mission:
Ben Coughlin, 19, from Brisbane for his idea, Backyard Coach.
Find out more about the Finals Pitch Breakfast event, hosted by River City Labs on 5 June 2017.