About the Female Founders program
The Female Founders program is designed to assist female founders at different stages of the entrepreneurial lifecycle.
The program focuses on increasing the participation rates and business skills of female founders in Queensland along with providing support to those who are in the growth phase and need assistance to take their business to the next level. The program is aimed at female founders who are:
- starting out but need to work on their business skills and capability
- looking for mentors
- wanting to attend networking events
- getting ready to establish an advisory board
- seeking connection with a community of female founders.
The Queensland Government has placed gender equity as a priority issue and is supporting female founders to start and grow their business.
“The 2017 StartupAUS Crossroads report found that only 4% of startups have an all-female founding team and as few as 15% have at least one female founder.”
Advance Queensland has used feedback from key female leaders from Queensland’s startup community to help shape and design the Female Founders program to maximise the number of inspirational women involved in Queensland’s innovation ecosystem.
How can the Female Founders Program support you?
Advance Queensland provides various programs and funding to help support female founders at different stages of their entrepreneurial journey.
Spark Female Founders Program
The Spark Female Founders program is a 12-month program delivered through Scrunch providing female-led startups with access to business support, first-rate mentors, training and sales and marketing strategies to grow their brand and scale their business. Advance Queensland is supporting a cohort of 25 female founded startups to participate in the Spark program which is tailored to focus on revenue growth, marketing and confidence.
Advance Queensland will subsidise $4200 for each successful participant towards the cost of the program, with each participant required to co-fund the remaining $500.
Applications will open on 1 October 2020. Visit the Spark Program page to learn more, including eligibility criteria and the application process.
Female Founders Impact Program
Delivers capability development activities which focus on confidence, education and skills development. Delivered by Impact Innovation Group, program options include:
- Personalised Pathways
- Mentor Match
- Learning Links
- Events and Webinars
Applications are now open, visit Impact Innovation Group for more information.
Female Founders Advisory Board Program
Delivering the skills and exposure to engage effectively with advisors and to establish best practice governance and advisory foundations in your business to support growth. Delivered by the Advisory Board Centre, programs include:
- Essentials Program: group sessions designed for female business owners with growth aspirations who need assistance gaining clarity on the type of support they need including confidence, skills and exposure
- Starter Program: designed to establish best practice governance, business diagnostics and foundations of a structure to support their growth plans
- Growth Program: Female Founders with a carefully selected, highly qualified Certified Chair to provide strategic guidance on the evaluation, implementation and facilitation of an Advisory structure based on the ABF101 Advisory Board Best Practice Framework™ to meet the needs of your business.
Applications are now open, visit Advisory Board Centre for more information.
Funded 10 places within the global SheEO Network in 2019.