BIO 2020 Female Business Leaders Program
Applications are now open for the BIO 2020 Female Business Leaders Program.
The Advance Queensland BIO 2020 Female Business Leaders Program provides support for three selected Queensland-based female founders and/or leaders to attend the 2020 BIO International Convention in San Diego, USA on 8 – 11 June 2020.
To be considered for this opportunity, applicants must not have previously attended the convention and should be able to demonstrate the benefits of participating in the 2020 Queensland Mission to BIO, for themselves and their business.
Three Queensland recipients will be awarded:
- A bursary of $2,000 (excluding GST) to participate in the Queensland Mission to BIO 2020.
- Registration for the BIO Exhibition on 9-11 June and the Redefining Early Stage Investments (RESI) conference on 8 June 2020, in San Diego.
- Invitation to participate in the pre-BIO activities with the Female Leaders cohort and other Queensland delegates.
- Industry mentoring.
- Invitation to participate with Team Queensland on the Australia pavilion at BIO 2020, the investment event and Queensland Welcome Reception on 7 June as well as other key meetings and site visits.
Further information available in the guidelines and terms and conditions (PDF 424KB).
About the Female Founders program
The Female Founders program is designed to assist female founders at different stages of the entrepreneurial lifecycle.
The program focuses on increasing the participation rates and business skills of female founders in Queensland along with providing support to those who are in the growth phase and need assistance to take their business to the next level. The program is aimed at female founders who are:
- starting out but need to work on their business skills and capability
- looking for mentors
- wanting to attend networking events
- getting ready to establish an advisory board
- seeking connection with a community of female founders.
The Queensland Government has placed gender equity as a priority issue and is supporting female founders to start and grow their business.
“The 2017 StartupAUS Crossroads report found that only 4% of startups have an all-female founding team and as few as 15% have at least one female founder.”
Advance Queensland has used feedback from key female leaders from Queensland’s startup community to help shape and design the Female Founders program to maximise the number of inspirational women involved in Queensland’s innovation ecosystem.
How can the Female Founders Program support you?
Advance Queensland provides various programs and funding to help support female founders at different stages of their entrepreneurial journey.
Female Founders Impact Program
Delivers capability development activities which focus on confidence, education and skills development. Delivered by Impact Innovation Group, program options include:
- Personalised Pathways
- Mentor Match
- Learning Links
- Events and Webinars
Applications are now open, visit Impact Innovation Group for more information.
Female Founders Advisory Board Program
Delivering the skills and exposure to engage effectively with advisors and to establish best practice governance and advisory foundations in your business to support growth. Delivered by the Advisory Board Centre, programs include:
- Essentials Program: group sessions designed for female business owners with growth aspirations who need assistance gaining clarity on the type of support they need including confidence, skills and exposure
- Starter Program: designed to establish best practice governance, business diagnostics and foundations of a structure to support their growth plans
Applications are now open, visit Advisory Board Centre for more information.
Funded 10 places within the global SheEO Network in 2019.