The Tropical Innovation Festival celebrates innovation with a week-long festival in Cairns, Tropical North Queensland featuring over 50 events, 60 speakers and the worlds-first conference on the world-heritage Great Barrier Reef.
The week-long festival boasts contributions from global entrepreneurs, chief executive officers, government leaders, investors, innovation visionaries and razor-sharp subject matter experts.
The program includes inspiring keynotes, learning events – workshops, lunch and learns, masterclasses, networking events, pitching opportunities, mentoring sessions and a bootcamp.
Advance Queensland is sponsoring a number of Queensland innovators and ecosystem builders to attend this year’s event in Cairns. Successful applicants will be offered the opportunity to attend the festival in person (unless government restrictions restrict attendance). Online registrations are not being offered as part of this initiative.
To be eligible for this opportunity, you must:
- be a business, social enterprise or start-up organisations and ecosystem builder headquartered in Queensland as of April 2021
- have an Australian Business Number (ABN)
- have no more than 100 full-time-equivalent (FTE) employees
- not be a subsidiary of a group of companies that has more than 100 FTEs in total
- only one application per ABN or a financial beneficiary of a business
- enterprises with a focus on embedding innovation and entrepreneurial business models and products/services, and/or leading the regional innovation ecosystem.
How to apply
To apply, read the full eligibility criteria, terms and conditions and privacy statement (PDF, 178KB) then lodge your application form.
Applications close 24 May 2022. Successful applicants will be notified on 31 May 2022.