About the program
The Ignite Spark Program aims to support Queensland-based small to medium sized innovation driven enterprises with high-growth potential to progress the development of an innovative product or service closer to market.
In particular, the program aims to support innovation driven enterprises s to progress prototypes to advanced staged products and/or services that have been tested, validated, customer endorsed and are ready to be commercialised.
An innovation driven enterprise is a business that emphasises innovative solutions as a key driver of growth, competitive advantage, and value creation. Such enterprises focus on developing and commercialising new products and/or services to achieve their strategic objectives.
The objectives of the program are to:
- strengthen key industries in Queensland
- diversify the Queensland economy
- compete in domestic and global markets
- engage and/or benefit regional Queensland
- create new jobs, now and into the future.
Funding and support
Funding of $50 000 to $75 000 (excluding GST) is available for projects with a duration of up to twelve months with a matched funding contribution from the applicant organisation as outlined below:
For applicants headquartered in South East Queensland*, a 20 per cent matched funding contribution is required.
For Indigenous businesses* and/or applicants headquartered in a Queensland region* a 10 per cent matched funding contribution is required.
* refer to the Ignite Spark Program Guidelines for definitions of the terms used under the program.
To be eligible for funding, applicant organisations must, at the time of application:
- be a business headquartered in Queensland
- have no more than 50 full-time-equivalent employees
- not be a subsidiary of a group of companies that has more than 50 full-time-equivalent employees
- not have received funding for the proposed project activity from either the state, federal or local government
- be registered for GST (at time of Full Application submission).
To be eligible for funding, at the time of application, projects must:
- have an existing functional prototype for a product and/or service that is scalable to meet industry/market demand
- demonstrate that the product and/or service is ready to be validated in an industrially or operationally relevant environment
- demonstrate that the product and/or service is not currently in market.
Organisations and their related parties are limited to one application per funding round.
Application process and timeframes
- The program has a two-staged applications process – an Expression of Interest application being the first stage followed by a Full Application stage for shortlisted Expression of Interest applicants
- All applicants will receive written notification of the outcome of their Expression of Interest application to the email address provided in the application form.
- Ignite Spark Program Guidelines [PDF, 318Kb]
- Ignite Spark Program Application Help Guide and Webinar Q&A [PDF, 3.6MB]
- Ignite Spark Program Funding Agreement template [PDF, 249Kb]
- Ignite Program Fit Guide [PDF, 143Kb]
Ignite Program Information and Q+A Webinar
Watch the Ignite Program Webinar to get the scoop on program objectives, eligibility and assessment criteria, and the application process for the Ignite Ideas and Ignite Spark programs.
13 QGOV (13 74 68)
- Grant writing information
- Tourism and Events Queensland grant writing guide
- Queensland Government Grants Finder
- The Toowoomba Agtech and Logistics Hub may also have useful resources that can assist.
Subscribe to Advance Queensland News and stay up-to-date with our latest funding programs.