About the Business Development Fund
The Business Development Fund (BDF) focuses on the growth of innovative Queensland businesses, particularly in the emerging industries of tomorrow. It will create high value, knowledge-based and skilled jobs now and into the future.
Through providing early stage co-investment funding, the Business Development Fund promotes angel and venture capital investment in Queensland-based businesses. This helps to facilitate the development of a sustainable private market for venture capital finance in Queensland.
What we are looking for
Queensland based businesses that:
- are commercialising research, an innovative idea or an innovative product or service
- require seed, early stage or follow-on investment
- will create opportunities for new, high value and skilled employment
- have a realistic prospect of becoming commercially successful.
Private sector co-investors that have:
- committed to providing an investment in a business that at least matches the investment sought from the Business Development Fund
- demonstrated commitment to, and track record in making investments in seed and early stage businesses
- experience in providing support, management and mentorship to seed and early stage businesses
- a strong and established reputation
- the ability to manage fund reporting.
The independent Business Development Fund investment panel, made up of eight experienced entrepreneurs, assess fund applications.
The application process is 5 steps:
- Online application.
- Investment pitch.