About the program
Advance Queensland's Advancing Regional Innovation Program aims to turn our regions into hubs for innovation and enterprise. It will enable local entrepreneurs, business leaders and key industries to collaborate closely and with government to harness innovation and unlock business potential, strengthen existing industries and prepare regional Queenslanders for jobs of the future.
The program's tailored approach helps to connect local efforts, harness existing strengths and build regional capability. The intention is to build networks of innovative communities across the state that reflect the diversity of Queensland's regions, draw people together and boost grassroots activities.
The program aims to support the development and increased maturity of regional innovation initiatives. The objectives are to promote:
- Collaboration—encouraging stakeholders to collaborate to build innovation capabilities across their region
- Leverage—ensuring activities have broad support and contributions from multiple partners
- Sustainability—seeding activities, relationships and structures that will extend beyond the funding commitment for this program
- Impact—supporting activities that make a demonstrable difference to innovation-driven opportunities and jobs in regional Queensland.
The program has designated 12 regions each with a $500,000 Advancing Regional Innovation Program.
- Darling Downs and Maranoa
- Far North Queensland
- North Queensland
- Gold Coast
- Wide Bay Burnett
- Ipswich and West Moreton
- Moreton Bay
- Outback Queensland
- Redland and Logan
- Sunshine Coast
Development of the program (formerly known as the Advance Queensland Regional Innovation Hubs Program) was supported by research on the features of successful innovation ecosystems. We partnered with strategy and design company Business Models Inc. and identified five key features for successful ecosystems.
For further program information and assistance, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Regional Innovation Showcase
Startups and innovators from regional Queensland showcase their businesses as part of their region's delegation at Myriad. Find out more about the Regional Innovation Showcase.
Applications to be part of the 2018 Regional Innovation Showcase have now closed. Learn more about the successful Regional Innovation Showcase applicants for 2018.