Research Fellowships 2017
Supporting PhD qualified researchers in undertaking original research that will benefit Queensland.
The applicant must be a Queensland-based agency, including universities, research agencies, government organisations, not-for-profit/charitable organisations and businesses. The applicant organisation nominates the proposed Fellow.
The proposed Fellow must:
- be an Australian citizen or have Australian residency for the duration of the fellowship
- have a PhD research qualification with:
- up to 5 years post-PhD research experience for early-career fellowships
- 5 to 10 years post-PhD research experience for mid-career fellowships. Allowances will be made for time taken away from research e.g. for parenting, caring, illness, or time in non-research roles.
- have a research proposal that:
- addresses one of the Queensland Science and Research Priorities
- is aligned with a Queensland Government Industry Roadmap area
- involves research that will support entrepreneurship and small to medium enterprise growth in Queensland.
- have one or more partners, including at least one Queensland-based industry/end-user organisation
- spend at least 50% of the fellowship physically co-located with at least one Queensland-based industry/end-user partner organisation
- have matched cash funding from the applicant and/or partner organisations.
Guidelines and conditions
More information about the Research Fellowships program can be found in the following documents:
- application guidelines
- financial incentive agreement terms and conditions
- frequently asked questions
- online grant application instructions
- Departmental presentation—14 December 2016
How to apply
Applications are closed.
About the Research Fellowships
The Advance Queensland Research Fellowships supports original research that will have positive impacts on Queensland. The program will assist in attracting and keeping the best and brightest research minds in Queensland, and will build Queensland's capacity to conduct innovative research and development.