Engaging Science GrantsApplications now open
Supports science engagement and communication projects, events and activities that increase the reach and impact of science in Queensland.
- The Engaging Science Grants program is open for applications.
- Grants of up to $10,000 are available to eligible Queensland-based applicants.
- Funds need to be spent within a 12-month period.
- Eligibility criteria apply.
- Applications are assessed on a quarterly basis.
- Round 3 applications close at 5pm on Friday 2 June 2017.
- be Queensland-based with an Australian Business Number (ABN)
- address at least one of the Engaging Queenslanders in Science strategy’s 4 goals
- STEM participation—to increase the number of students participating in STEM (science, technology, engineering and mathematics) subjects.
- Public engagement—to increase engagement and participation of the Queensland community in science-based activities.
- Scientist engagement—to increase the number of scientists directly engaging with the Queensland community.
- Public awareness—to increase awareness and understanding of the great science taking place in Queensland.
Guidelines and conditions
For more information on the Engaging Science Grants, refer to the:
- terms and conditions
- frequently asked questions
- applicant declaration form
- online grant application instructions
How to apply
Applications can be submitted online at any time and will be assessed on a quarterly basis. The next assessment of applications will commence on 2 June 2017.
Round 1 and round 2 funding recipients have been announced. Twenty-one recipients from round 1 and 28 recipients from round 2 will share more than $480,000 to build the profile of science in Queensland.
How you will be assessed
The Engaging Science Grants assessment criteria (AC) are:
AC1—Well planned project that will deliver and communicate information on an important science topic that is beneficial to the target audience (weight: 50%).
AC2—Clear outcomes and alignment with the Engaging Queenslanders in Science strategy (weight: 30%).
AC3—Effective promotion of the proposed project and evaluation of its success (weight: 20%).
About the Engaging Science Grants
The Engaging Science Grants are part of the Engaging Queenslanders in Science—a strategy with a vision to create a Queensland population that engages in and recognises, supports and advocates for science.
The grants are designed to support scientists, researchers, science communicators, journalists, teachers, organisations and community groups to deliver science engagement and communication projects, events and activities that align with this vision.
Findings from a recent survey, commissioned by the Office of the Queensland Chief Scientist, Queenslanders’ Perceptions and Attitudes to Science, underpins the objectives of the grants.