Business Development FundApplications now open
Helps to turn ideas into reality with co-investment in Queensland businesses at the forefront of commercialising ground-breaking research or innovations.
- Applications can be submitted at any time.
- Funding of between $125,000 and $2.5 million in a Queensland business.
- Eligibility criteria apply.
- Additional application requirements apply.
Queensland businesses at the forefront of commercialising cutting edge research or innovative ideas, products or services have an opportunity to access $40 million of investment to help unlock their innovative potential.
What we are looking for
Queensland based businesses that:
- are commercialising research, an innovative idea or an innovative product or service
- require seed, early stage or follow-on investment
- will create opportunities for new, high value and skilled employment
- have a realistic prospect of becoming commercially successful.
Private sector co-investors that have:
- committed to providing an investment in a business that at least matches the investment sought from the Fund
- demonstrated commitment to, and track record in making investments in seed and early stage businesses
- experience in providing support, management and mentorship to seed and early stage businesses
- a strong and established reputation
- the ability to manage Fund reporting.
The independent Business Development Fund investment panel, made up of 7 experienced entrepreneurs, will assess Fund applications.
The application process is 5 steps:
- Online application.
- Investment pitch.
About the Business Development Fund
The Business Development Fund (the Fund) focuses on the growth of innovative Queensland businesses, particularly in the emerging industries of tomorrow. It will create high value, knowledge-based and skilled jobs now and into the future.
Through providing early stage co-investment funding, the Business Development Fund will promote angel and venture capital investment in Queensland-based businesses. This will help facilitate the development of a sustainable private market for venture capital finance in Queensland.