Queensland Startup Precinct
The Startup Precinct will bring together Queensland startups, incubators, investors and mentors under the one roof to help foster collaboration and build a thriving entrepreneurial culture.
The Startup Precinct will be located in the historic T.C. Beirne Building in the heart of Brisbane’s Fortitude Valley. The building was constructed in the Brunswick Street Mall in 1902 by architect Robin Dods.
The precinct will provide:
- office space for emerging entrepreneurs and startups
- startup accelerator and incubator programs with River City Labs as a key tenant
- connections with CSIRO’s Data61 as a foundation partner
- investor and venture capital presence
- international ‘soft landing’ space
- space for startups to engage with customers and investors
- space for co-working and events.
The Queensland Government worked with the startup and entrepreneurial sector in the design and location of the precinct to create a model that met the needs of the community.
The Startup Precinct will be an innovation hub for Queensland with digital and physical links to innovation centres and accelerators around the state.
The precinct will encourage a new wave of startups and position Queensland as an attractive investment destination with a strong innovation and entrepreneurial culture.