Supports researchers, scientists and clinicians to develop their innovations into practical commercial outcomes, and to access appropriate support.
- First round closes 11am (AEST), 12 May 2017.
- Up to $100,000 available over a 12 month period.
- Supports recipients to spend 12 months away from their usual employment to progress their innovative idea.
- Eligibility criteria apply.
- The proposed fellowships must begin within 90 days of being awarded.
- Applications can be submitted online at any time and will be assessed on a quarterly basis.
To be eligible you must:
- be a scientist, researcher or clinician currently employed in a Queensland-based university, research organisation or hospital, and looking to take an innovative idea to market
- have (or will acquire) an ABN registered for GST purposes, or have a Queensland-based business established to commercialise your research at the completion of your fellowship.
Guidelines and conditions
For information about eligibility requirements, assessment criteria and details about the contract and assessment process, refer to the:
- application guidelines
- Financial Incentive Agreement terms and conditions
- online grant instructions
- declaration form
- frequently asked questions.
How to apply
Applications can be submitted online at any time and will be assessed on a quarterly basis. The first round closes 11am (AEST), 12 May 2017.
About the program
The program will contribute to increasing the business and entrepreneurial skills of scientists, researchers and clinicians and build Queensland's capacity to conduct innovative research and development and translate it into new products, processes or services.