Biofutures Commercialisation Program
Supports bioindustrial experts to partner with Queensland researchers and businesses to scale-up and test new or improved technologies and processes at the pilot or demonstration scale.
- Applications close 11am (AEST), Monday 27 February 2017.
- Tier 1 grants up to $250,000 (ex GST) for pilot scale projects of up to 2 years.
- Tier 2 grants up to $1 million (ex GST) for demonstration scale projects of up to 2 years.
- The program has a two-stage application process:
- Stage 1: Expressions of interest proposals submitted for consideration by the department.
- Stage 2: Shortlisted expression of interest applications only will be invited to submit a full funding application.
The vision of the Advance Queensland Biofutures 10 Year Roadmap and Action Plan is to grow Queensland’s Biofutures sector by 2026, into a $1 billion sustainable and expert-orientated industrial biotechnology sector.
To be eligible your project must:
- have a direct application to the bioindustrial sector in Queensland
- align with the objectives of the Biofutures 10 Year Roadmap and Action Plan
- be led by a bioindustrial business (i.e. the applicant organisation)
- demonstrate that project expenditure and activity will be undertaken primarily in Queensland
- involve collaboration between the applicant organisation and a minimum of:
- one Queensland-based research organisation (refer below); and/or at least
- one Queensland-based business
- have a total cash contribution (from the applicant organisation and partner organisations) that is equal to, or greater than, the Biofutures Commercialisation Program funding sought
- have a minimum of 50% of the required matching cash funding committed by the applicant organisation.
Successful projects must:
- commence within 6 months of being advised of funding approval
- have a duration of up to 2 years
- deliver a path to market with commercial potential within 5 years.
Guidelines and conditions
To help prepare your application read the:
- application guidelines
- frequently asked questions
- preview online application form
- For potential collaborations with a Queensland-based research organisation, review the Queensland Universities Bioindustrial R&D Capability and Contact Guide
How to apply
Complete an online expression of interest form.
Expression of interest applications close 11am (AEST), Monday 27 February 2017.
Read more about Queensland Biofutures 10 Year Roadmap and Action Plan.