Young Starters' Fund
Designed to build, attract and retain young entrepreneurial talent, the program funds eligible organisations to deliver events and activities that build entrepreneurial and startup skills in young Queenslanders.
- Funding up to 70% of your total eligible activity costs, to a maximum of $20,000.
- Eligibility criteria apply.
- Additional application requirements apply.
- Applications must be received by 5pm (AEST), 3 March 2017 to be assessed in the next round.
There are 2 components to this program:
- The Young Starters' Fund is now open and will provide funding up to 70% of your total eligible activity costs, up to a maximum of $20,000 (ex GST) per activity to deliver events and activities that build entrepreneurial and technology startup skills in young Queenslanders, aged 15–24.
- The Competition helps young entrepreneurs build business skills and develop their startup ideas to get them investor-ready, the chance to pitch their ideas at a state level and to win prizes, including a place in an accelerator program.
To be eligible for the Young Starters' Fund, your activity must:
- be conducted on a not-for-profit basis and demonstrate broad benefit for the Queensland startup community
- align with the Advance Queensland principles
- cover one or more of the following:
- improve capability and capacity
- access to capital
- collaboration, building networks and connectivity
- access to markets
- skills development
- culture and promoting success.
Collaboration with other organisations will be favourably considered.
Funding recipients for round 1 and round 2 have been announced.
How to apply
Online applications for the Young Starters' Fund are now open.
To help prepare an application, please refer to the:
- Guidelines for applicants
- Terms and conditions
- Frequently asked questions
- Grant application instructions
Applications must be received by 5pm (AEST) 3 March 2017 to be assessed in the next round.Apply now
About the Young Starters' Fund
The Advance Queensland Young Starters' Fund is designed to:
- promote entrepreneurship as an alternative employment pathway
- to grow numbers of young entrepreneurial talent in Queensland
- provide opportunities for Queensland's young entrepreneurs to pitch their ideas to the world through the Young Starters' competition
- help turn the ideas of young entrepreneurs into a business with high-growth potential.