Young Starters' Fund
Funds eligible organisations to deliver events and activities that build entrepreneurial and startup skills in young Queenslanders.
- funding up to 70% of your total eligible activity costs, up to a maximum of $20,000.
- Eligibility criteria apply.
- Additional application requirements apply.
- Applications now open.
There are 2 components to this program:
- The Young Starters' Fund is now open and will provide funding up to 70% of your total eligible activity costs, up to a maximum of $20,000 (ex GST) per activity to deliver events and activities that build entrepreneurial and technology startup skills in young Queenslanders, aged 15–24.
- The Competition (opening soon) will see young entrepreneurs pitching their ideas at a state level, to win prizes including a place in an accelerator program.
To be eligible for the Young Starters' Fund, your activity must:
- be conducted on a not-for-profit basis and demonstrate broad benefit for the Queensland startup community
- align with the Advance Queensland principles
- cover one or more of the following:
- improve capability and capacity
- access to capital
- collaboration, building networks and connectivity
- access to markets
- skills development
- culture and promoting success.
Collaboration with other organisations will be favourably considered.
Round 1 funding recipients have been announced.
How to apply
Online applications for the Young Starters' Fund are now open.
To help prepare an application, please refer to the:Apply now
About the Young Starters' Fund
The Advance Queensland Young Starters' Fund is designed to:
- promote entrepreneurship as an alternative employment pathway
- to grow numbers of young entrepreneurial talent in Queensland
- provide opportunities for Queensland's young entrepreneurs to pitch their ideas to the world through the Young Starters' competition
- help turn the ideas of young entrepreneurs into a business with high-growth potential.