Ignite Ideas Fund
Supports the development of new or improved products, processes or services to secure investment, launch into global markets and grow business.
We’ve listened to your feedback and are delaying the opening of round 2 until the round 1 assessment process is finalised. This way all 354 applicants will know the results and those that may wish to reapply have time to consider the panel’s feedback. We thank you for your patience.
- Applications are currently closed.
- Round 2 opens once applications for Round 1 are finalised and feedback is provided.
- Tier One—applicants can apply for up to $100,000 (excluding GST) per project.
- Tier Two—applicants can apply for up to $250,000 (excluding GST) per project.
- Eligibility criteria apply.
- Additional application requirements apply.
- Current funding round closed.
- Applications must be received at least 6 weeks before the commencement date of project.
Funding of up to $250,000 per project is available to help businesses by supporting activities that prove your idea will work or to assist with identifying a market or investor for your product, process or service.
To be eligible for funding, you must:
- be a Queensland based business with less than 200 full time equivalent staff, which:
- is a company incorporated in Queensland, or will be incorporated as a company in Queensland at the time of the award
- can demonstrate a clear road to market that will deliver jobs and create new markets for Queensland.
- be registered for GST
- have a product, process or service which is at, or beyond, minimum viable product/working prototype/defined target stage
- have both the ambition and the potential to achieve high growth
- have an identified customer, industry partner or investor.
How to apply
To help prepare an application, please refer to the:
- application guidelines
- applicants handbook
- frequently asked questions
- terms and conditions
- budget template.
How you will be assessed
You will be assessed on the:
- innovation and market potential of your project
- project feasibility, budget and timeframes
- technical and management feasibility
- anticipated outcomes for Queensland.
About the program
The Ignite Ideas fund aims to:
- increase commercialisation rates of Queensland ideas
- create high-value knowledge intensive jobs
- secure new investment
- form new collaborative partnerships
- increase exports
- increase business investment in R&D
- increase levels of business innovation.
Find out about funding recipients that have been announced.