Ignite Ideas Fund
Supports the development of new or improved products, processes or services to secure investment, launch into global markets and grow business.
- Tier One—applicants can apply for up to $100,000 (excluding GST) per project.
- Tier Two—applicants can apply for up to $250,000 (excluding GST) per project.
- Additional application requirements apply.
- Applications close 5pm 12 October 2016.
Funding of up to $250,000 per project is available to help businesses by supporting activities that prove your idea will work or to assist with identifying a market or investor for your product, process or service.
To be eligible for funding, you must be a Queensland based organisation and meet the following requirements:
- have less than 200 full time equivalent staff
- be registered for GST before the project commences
- have a product, process or service which is at, or beyond, minimum viable product/working prototype stage
- have an innovative, unique or new product, process or service with the potential to achieve high growth
- have identified customer(s), industry partner(s) or investor(s).
How to apply
Online applications are now open.
To help prepare an application, please refer to the:
- application guidelines
- applicants handbook
- frequently asked questions
- terms and conditions
- budget template.
How you will be assessed
You will be assessed on the:
- innovation and market potential of your project
- project feasibility, budget and timeframes
- technical and management feasibility
- anticipated outcomes for Queensland.
About the program
The Ignite Ideas fund aims to:
- increase commercialisation rates of Queensland ideas
- create high-value knowledge intensive jobs
- secure new investment
- form new collaborative partnerships
- increase exports
- increase business investment in R&D
- increase levels of business innovation.
Find out about funding recipients that have been announced.